Senior Policy Advisor
Working with PRB has given us immense clarity on the three main points of developing an advocacy collateral—the audience, why, and how.
Dr. Sanchika Gupta, Former Program Officer, Jhpiego India
The materials created under the Advocacy Resource Hub have contributed to the use of evidence in family planning policies and decisionmaking in multiple partner countries.
- DSW Kenya advocates and others convinced Nyandarua County’s health department to set aside funds in their annual workplan for family planning sensitization and staff training on youth-friendly services.
- Jhpiego India‘s advocacy efforts helped convince policymakers in Jharkhand State to develop an adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive health strategy document.
- The Forum for Family Planning and Development in the Philippines used materials to clarify misconceptions about family planning methods among elected officials, who used the information they learned about specific family planning methods to draft ordinances in support of reproductive health.
- The Association for Reproductive and Family Health‘s sub-national advocacy efforts in Nigeria led to the Kwara State Director of Public Health committing to include DMPA-SC in the family planning budget and making sure this method is always available at public facilities.
- Coalition for Health Promotion and Social Development Uganda received a signed commitment from the minister of health to increase the national budget for family planning commodities.
- Femmes Santé et Développement‘s advocacy in Cameroon led the Ministry of Health to evaluate the implementation of Adolescent Reproductive Health Units and begin developing a strategy for strengthening them.
- Faith to Action Network convinced the East African Legislative Assembly parliamentarians to retable the East African Community Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights Bill for discussion and approval.